Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Step Backward

Does life ever slow down? It seems to me that life continues to go faster and faster, everyday is simply flying by! As the days pass my healing continues, it is such a beautiful thing to experience I wish I could explain what was actually going on in my body. I honestly wish everyone could experience it.

I am doing well on my medicine, I am currently on the ten day for my co-infection babesia. I am getting everything done that needs to get done, however that is by the grace of God that I can say that. At my last appointment I got retested for the babesia co-infection to see if I still have it and the test came back negative! According to my blood I have conquered one co-infection! Woop woop! 

I am planning on finishing this set of ten day medicine then I will be done with it. I am still having more difficulty breathing lately but I think a large part of it is the lyme let loose from the last stage of medicine. As time has passed these last two weeks I have taken a couple steps backward. Its difficult to breathe, my joints are sorer, my organs hurt more than usual, its hard to eat, more nausea, and my memory is taking a hit. So I have taken a step backward but this is not getting me down. 

The hard part is my memory, that was always the most difficult thing to have go during my whole lyme experience so it was hard when I realized it had taken a hit. However I am choosing to rejoice in this, this is another stage of healing. Its another opportunity I have to see the Lord work in my body. I have taken a step backward but am taking more steps forward than backward. This back step is nothing compared to what my life used to be even last month. 

After you have suffered for a little while the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. ~1 Peter 5:10  

Our God is a God who gives good gifts, a God who blesses our life. Sometimes that blessing is not what I think it should look like, sometimes its painful. But I have confidence that whatever things are put in my life the Lord will use for good. He will use them to grow me, to stretch me, and make me more like His Son.  That is why I can rejoice, because I know that God is using every part of this pain and healing to grow me. What a God we serve. 

Prayer requests:
*That I will continually see the healing the Lord is doing in my life
*That I will be able to have an influence in the lives of people struggling with pain
*That I will be able to handle the medicine
*That my nausea will go down and I will be able to eat more

No comments:

Post a Comment