Monday, October 31, 2011

Temporary

I have said this before but how fast time flies! My four day vacation resulted in a week and four days which turned into three weeks. And (of course) it couldn't have been better timing! God's timing is always perfect but I am still in awe that is it always perfect. Over the last three weeks I have been off of all my medicine, I had to go off because the medicine was working too quickly and it caused my head stuff (dizziness, eyesight loss, hearing loss, and memory loss) to come back. I was unable to drive for about two weeks which is very difficult in the middle of a semester but my friends made sacrifices to get me to class and work, I will always be grateful for them! 

So why was God's timing perfect? Last thursday I had one of the biggest projects of my life due, Alex Deeter and I worked together on this project and it proved to be a beast. We spent eight weeks working on it, and ton's of hours working to finish it. The week before it was due almost all of my head stuff cleared up and I was feeling great! I joked with my friends that I was a 'fake lyme patient' because I was feeling so good! I was taking only five pills a day all of which were supplements, I could wake up earlier, stay up later, take less naps life was great! Although it was great I still had pain, however it was mostly joint pain which is easier to endure. 

So the Lords perfect timing enabled Alex and I to finish our project on time without going insane and without myself getting sick. These last couple of weeks have been wonderful in catching up and striving to get ahead in school. I am honestly shocked that I am still a student! There have been so many days where I didn't think I would make it, I even looked at drop dates and possible alternatives but Gods strength has been just enough like it always is. :) 

I began my first medication on saturday night and so far I am doing well. My abdomen pain returned, its mostly caused from the medicine, I have less energy, and need more sleep once more. I knew the day would come but I had a great vacation! I still have a lot of school work left in these last six weeks so I am praying for time management and strength to endure what needs to be done. 


Many of you may not know but I am a farm girl at heart. My family is from small town Iowa and I had the opportunity to live farm life with my cousins. They went to Denmark for four months so my family took over the farm and the kennel business for them. They returned home and I stayed. I was given a taste of the farm life and I loved it! 

One of my favorite things about the farm was my horse Sneaky, I showed him for six years, and rode him for eight years. There is a strange connection between a horse and its rider, and Sneaky and I were the tightest. He was with me through it all, I rode him for a year before I began having symptoms of lyme. But even with the lyme I rode constantly and it always amazed me how Sneaky would react to my pain level of the day. I was told once that horses can feel the pain of their rider and I honestly think its true. The days I didn't feel well he took it easy on me and the days I felt okay he pushed me to be a better rider. He is such a good horse, I have so many wonderful memories with him. 

Here are a few pictures of Sneaky and I ...

Sneaky and I jumping, my favorite thing to do on him. 


Sneaky and I 

My brother Aaron and I doing the tandem bareback ride on Sneaky

I bring up Sneaky because he was a huge part of my life and that chapter is now closed. Sneaky was put down on friday afternoon, he lived a good and long life. It has been a rough week for me emotionally because he did have a huge impact on my life and through my healing. I knew getting into farm life would have its pain but I didn't realize exactly how hard it would be, but it was worth it. I hope one day I can have a horse even half as a good as Sneaky was. 

Although my horse is gone my life continues, I continue to fight the battle of lyme disease, I continue seeking the Lord and sharing His truth, I continue in my classes. This life is temporary everything will pass away, I want to live my life for something that will remain forever and that is Jesus Christ. 

Prayer Requests:
*That I can keep up in my school work
*That the medicine won't be too strong for me
*That I can manage my time well
*That I will know my limitations
*That I will daily be about God's business

No comments:

Post a Comment