Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dr. Piccirillo

A year or so ago my lyme doctor, Dr. Piccirillo,  was written up by the state of Iowa.  He was written up because of how he treats lyme disease,  a disease that most believe does not exist. This has been a fight over the treatment of Lyme disease, and he has chosen to fight because there is a large amount of 1yme patients that see him here in Iowa, which I am very thankful for.  Iowa tends to be pickier on their health treatments, and lyme is a part that is very heavily watched everywhere but especially here in Iowa.

 A couple weeks ago things got stickier, there have been some articles published about him and his practice as a lyme doctor. He has a court date on December 7, and this will reveal what will happen to him. He could lose his offices in Iowa, he would then do all his treatments out of Illinois, or something worse could happen. 

 I do not know very much about the situation but I do know that he is in need of prayer. Prayer for favor in the eyes of the court, the Iowa medical board, even his patients. Lyme is a very controversial disease and Dr. P has willingly chosen to not only treat it, but to fight for it. He knows people are not crazy, but they have a real disease, one he himself has had.  I've been with Dr. P for over a year and I have seen so much improvement from the treatment he has given me. I have always felt safe and comfortable with him as my doctor and I will advocate for him.

 Please keep Dr. Piccirillo  in your prayers.  December 7 will reveal more of what is to come,  for now his office will be open for sure until December 7, his time in court will reveal if he can stay here. Please be praying for strength for Dr. P and the Lyme patients he treats and how we all react to whatever may happen come December. May the Lord use it that people may come to know God, the one thing that will never change or fade. Thank you for your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment