Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bear, Believe, Hope, Endure

My appointment went well last week, I really love my doctor and nurse, as time goes by we are building a fun relationship I am so thankful for them! Together we took a look at where I am at now and ideas to get back on track medicine wise. We decided to start up the second level of medicine at a half dose and remain on a half dose. The difficulty I am having is that the medicine is killing so much lyme that it is making me too sick to function. So by keeping it at half dose we are hoping I will be able to remain on it and not have to take another medicine break. 

I am planning on staying on level one and two through the rest of my semester and once finals are done (December 12th) I will begin the third level of antibiotics. Thus far on the second level I am doing fairly well, I have noticed memory problems arising again but we have ordered two new supplements to help me detox and bring down the inflammation in my head. So prayerfully the memory problems will remain small until I can get these supplements, and then they will decrease so I can move on to the third level of medication. 

(Love) Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:7-8a  

I read this verse today and I was reminded of the goodness of the Lord. No matter what we are going through or how pain filled our lives may be we have a God who loves us. Through the strength only the Lord supplies we can bear, believe, hope and endure through all things. I look at my life and I see a lot of pain, the last six years are scarred by lyme disease, and lyme has stolen most of my memory from childhood. I don't remember what it was like to run without pain, or ride my horse without a care, or get up without wondering what was going to hurt that day. I don't remember the luxury of life without pain.

My body is scarred but my heart is so much stronger because of those scars. I like to say my world, my body, was taken away from me and it was only once my physical life was gone that I realized Jesus was my life. He is the only thing that is worth it, the only thing that will last. I was living my life for myself, for horses, school, fun, friends. I was living for everything that is temporary. What do you live your life for? What are you doing today that will last? 

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
 ~Romans 6:23

I was putting time and effort into things that would fade, things that produced only death. When lyme took my whole world, as I knew it, I realized something that changed the course of my life forever. This world is temporary but there is one thing that is eternal and that is death. In death we have two options; heaven or hell. I choose heaven, I choose life, I chose to lay down my life for the Lord. Jesus Christ died for us, He died for the imperfect that if we may choose, He would take our place and make us perfect in His eyes. Christ conquered death but that means nothing to you unless you choose to accept the gift of life that He alone offers. It is this decision that changed the course of my life forever in such a wonderful way. 

I may have pain on a daily basis but through the strength of the Lord I will bear, believe, hope and endure through everything this world throws at me. This is temporary, I want to live for the eternal. What is your decision? Have you ever chosen to accept the gift Jesus holds out to you today? Will you let Him change your life? It is not easy but I can tell you hundreds of reasons why it is worth it. 

Prayer Requests:
*That people will genuinely think about this truth
*That I will be able to finish the semester out strong
*That I can remain on level two medicine through the rest of the semester
*Grace in finals-my memory makes tests very difficult
*That I will rejoice daily because of who Christ is, always remembering the precious gift He has given me that He offers to all

No comments:

Post a Comment