Friday, May 27, 2011

Consistent

The plan remains, beginning on monday morning, I will begin antibiotics. I am excited to start them because I am ready to kill them, I am excited to fight against this disease for the first time instead of letting it control my life. Now that we know what tools we need to fight with I am excited to begin. Although I am excited a part of me is also nervous. I began growing nervous because I do not know what my life will look like on antibiotics, I realize I will be sicker but I don't know how sick or how long, it is like a world of unknown's for me. 

The difference between antibiotics and any other time I have been ill is that I never choose to be in pain, it was given to me I didn't have a choice. Now it feels like I have a choice and I am choosing to be ill, I know that this is what it will take to get better and I also know that if the Lord brings us to something, He will bring us through it. A verse I read yesterday brought me a lot of comfort in this area.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, my shield and He in whom I take refuge...  ~Psalm 144:1-2

It is so good to be reminded that the Lord trains us, He does not ask us to do something without any support or knowledge He gives us everything we need to succeed. He provides us with strength, shelter, love, grace, mercy, joy, and so much more! 

When I look back I am so thankful for the last six weeks of laser treatment, where I didn't think that the treatment would cut it I am so thankful that we waited before antibiotics. I am thankful because six weeks ago when I left the doctors office I told my family I needed a vacation. I was so exhausted and tired and I hadn't even begun fighting lyme disease yet. The last six weeks I believe have really built up my energy and gotten me ready for a long battle with antibiotics. 

The Lord has provided me rest and in the process has been preparing me for another battle, one which I am equipped for. One thing that I was reminded of is that although I may not know what my life will look like starting monday I can have confidence in who Christ is. Are lives change all the time but the one thing that will never change is Jesus Christ, He is my rock, He is the one I lean on and because of that I know that no matter what antibiotics are like the Lord will be my strength and will never leave my side no matter how dark the day is. 

Some updates on life: I have one quiz left in my May term class which I will take on thursday and my class will be complete. Its been a lot of work and I am thankful its almost done! However I will begin my next class on June 6th which will go through July. This class is kinda a test to see how I handle class and antibiotics so please be praying it works well together. Lastly, I am doing Mission to the City which begins tonight and is through Wednesday, its through my church The Downtown Church and is a time when we reach out to the community and help people in our town, here in Des Moines. Also there will be a free Aaron Gillespie concert f riday June 3rd you can get your tickets online at www.thedtc.org if you would like to come. 


Prayer Requests: 
*That I can have success in my summer class
*Grace on my PRAXIS text in two weeks
*Wisdom on when to work and when to rest during this Mission Trip
*That the Lord will continue to use this for good
*That I will not be nervous to start the medicine but rely on the Lord 

No comments:

Post a Comment