Saturday, May 7, 2011

Storms

For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea. They rose up to the heavens, they went down to the depths;  their soul melted away in their misery. They reeled and staggered like a drunken man, and were at their wits end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distresses. He caused the storm to be still, so that the waves of the sea were hushed.    ~Psalm 107:25-29

The Lord raised up a storm so that the people would turn to Him. I believe this is why people go through pain; the loss of a loved one, physical pain, emotional pain, relational pain. There are so many different types of hurt that we as humans can feel that makes life hard, but one thing I love about it is those times that the world meant to harm us the Lord changes for good. 

Everyone has storms in their life, one of the greatest things I have learned is that God will not calm all of our storms. Sometimes it is better for our life to be stormy that pure sunshine. I accepted Christ four years ago now, I turned to the Lord because I was in a storm and realized the only way out was through the Lord. As you can see I am still in my storm but there is a huge difference between now and before I was saved. Now I can stand firm through the storms, the Lord, although He may not calm our storm, provides us with everything we need to get through it. He is our provision, no matter how fierce our storm. 

There have been quite a few changes this week, this week for laser treatment they went 'easy' on me due to finals week, it is also to see how saturday is, if I herx or not with the lighter treatment. (So far its not too bad, little worse than a normal day but not like a full blown herx) Due to my lack of response to laser treatment my sessions will be extended thirty days. I have not had any positive reactions or changing symptoms in the right direction since treatment began, I am actually the first patient my nurse has had reverse in symptoms after starting this treatment. 

Some of my symptoms have been getting worse, the lyme has been focused on my brain lately and those symptoms are continuing to worsen. Some of the biggest issues that are continuing to decline is my memory, eyesight, and dizziness. 

Due to my lack of response from laser treatment my Physical Therapist cant do anything with me. This week we were to start land exercise, bikes, walking etc. but two minutes into biking my hip pain went up quite a bit so we had to stop. He said my body is at a plateau, right now we can not add any new exercises because my body can not handle it. So I will continue to do the water therapy on my own three times a week for maintenance of balance and muscle movement. 

Due to all of these changes it has been a hard week emotionally and physically, but through all of this I was reminded of this verse and beautiful truth. 

How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O Lord, they walk in the light of your countenance, in your name they rejoice all the day and by your righteousness they are exalted. For you are the glory of their strength.  ~Psalm 89:16-17

I realized something yesterday, I am not rejoicing. I learned about joy at my grandma Dar's funeral and I thought it would be a lesson I would carry with me always but I temporally forgot it. There is one reason I need to be thankful and rejoice and that is due to what Jesus Christ has done for us. He has given us life and no circumstance can take that away from us. I am saved, I have the hope of Heaven and because of that I have the opportunity to rejoice! This is what I will be focusing on, rejoicing because of who God is not where I am. 


Prayer Requests: 
*Wisdom in treatment plans
*Wisdom for my doctors
*That the joy of the Lord would be my strength. Nehemiah 8:10
*The Lord will continue to use this for good


No comments:

Post a Comment