Saturday, April 30, 2011

Clockwork

I have now completed two weeks of treatment and like clockwork have a sign that my body is continuing to fight. My second herx began Saturday morning, this time my head hurt like last week but not nearly as bad, my organs also joined in on this one too. As the evening continues I am beginning to feel relief, early this morning I wasn't sure if I was herxing or just having a bad day, but I decided to take the medicine for herxing. Better safe than sorry. I believe the medicine helped the symptoms not get any worse, prayerfully we can catch every herx early on and take the medicine. 

My test results came in on my co-infections, co-infections are other areas that the spirochete (lyme bacteria) can attack in people, each person has different co-infections making symptoms and treatment different for everyone. Turns out I have three of six co-infections mine include; Mycoplasma, Babesia, and HHV6. The lyme has also affected my immune system which I already knew, now its just official,  I used to catch everything! I had my tonsils out in August because I had strep throat seven times in one winter, it is refreshing to know that the lyme is what was making me catch everything and by the end of treatment my immune system will also be up. It will be work, but it will be worth it.  

I read some beautiful verses today: 

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases; who redeems you life from the pit who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; who satisfies your years with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle. ~Psalm 103:1-5 

I love the heart behind this verse, I think about the gift that the Lord has given us constantly how because of the sacrifice that His son made we may have life but I have never though about how we receive benefits because we are His children.  He pardons our sins, heals our pain, redeems us, crowns us, and satisfies us. How many benefits the Lord has given us! 

Although this treatment is hard on me it is growing me, my character, my strength in the Lord. I have full confidence that one day I will no longer be a slave to my body, God has given us freedom and one day we will have freedom even from ourselves. 

For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust. As for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, and its place acknowledges it no longer.  ~Psalm 103:14-17 

God is aware of who we are, He created us and knows us so personally. God is a God who preforms miracles and I trust Him not only with my soul but also with my life. I trust Him that He can and will heal me wether that be one day soon or possibly not until the day I die but God knows my weaknesses and He is strong everywhere where I am weak. And if you know God you now know that I am weak in everything, I am inadequate but Christ has made me adequate. My savior, my strength, my hope, my God. 

Prayer Requests: 
*The Lord will continue to, now and for the rest of my life, use this for good
*That 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 will be my life 
*I will find all comfort in the Lord
*That I will trust the Lords perfect timing every second
*Grace to catch herx's early on

Always keep pressing brothers and sisters, 

Your sister in Christ, 
Jenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment