Saturday, April 9, 2011

Medicine Oh' Medicine

I have had a pretty interesting last couple days,  my eyes started turing yellow I began having symptoms of jaundice. For those that don't know jaundice is where your liver is not working right and cant keep up with the work it needs to with causes you liver to fail. Some of the symptoms is yellow eyes, and for more severe cases your skin begins to turn yellow. I went in to the doctor and got a liver functioning test which came back normal which is good. The theory is that my liver couldn't handle the medicine I was on and I was taking so much that it couldn't keep up. I have again stopped taking my parasite medicine and am not sure what is in store and how I will finish it but the Lord knows. 

My eyes are beginning to return to their normal white color which is really nice, when your eyes are yellow everything you see has a tint of yellow, I thought I was going crazy! When my eyes began turning back to normal all my symptoms began to show up again. My abdomen pain has been consistent over the last few months along with my brain; memory loss, word confusion, and dizziness. However my joints decided to join the picture again along with my chest pain which was getting better but is more prevalent again. 

I am able to start taking my antibiotics today, I completely believe in the Lords perfect timing because if we wouldn't know that this was lymes disease I would be so much worse today than had I not been taking the supplements. He came in perfect timing, and always does. 

I saw this quote on a poster at the doctors yesterday it says, "What happens to a man is far less important than what happen within him." Amen to that! No matter what happens to my body my soul is far more important and that is not just true for me that is true for everyone. 

Prayer requests:
*Wisdom in taking medicine
      -That my body will accept the antibiotics
      -That my liver will be able to handle the medicine
*That I would meet people who are suffering physically that have no hope
*That timing would be perfect for my appointment with my lymes doctor

-We changed our doctor, we are no longer going to be going to the doctor in Columbia but rather a doctor in Grinnell. This doctor is closer and has a really good track record. However our appt. with him is at the end of the month so please pray for endurance that I can last that long or the opportunity to jump in on a cancelled appointment

Thank you saints,
keep pressing.

2 comments:

  1. Jenna - It can be so confusing when bad things happen to good people. It can be so confusing when we call on God and the tough times continue. Brad and I know. God is ALWAYS trustworthy...although not always understandable, right? When you don't know what the future holds, it's good to know WHO holds the future. We are praying for you, Jenna. We are praying for those around you who are serving you, caring for you, helping you. We are praying for your parents. LOVE from us to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, Jenna...that last comment came from Suzi Stellmaker...guess I didn't let you know who I am!!

    ReplyDelete