Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Diagnosis

Where to begin! So much has happened this week it is hard for me to grasp! I am going to give you a preview of what my life was like before a much needed gift from the Lord. 

As you all know I have been sick a lot in my life and every time I have another bad spell I lose so much more energy to fight. When I went in for gallbladder surgery in December I had nothing to fight with, I look back at that time and I have full confidence the only way I lived through it was the strength of God. 

Not even a month after surgery I was having pain again. My hope is not in tests and doctors but I was losing heart with every negative test and every new symptom that I would ever live another day without pain. I had come to an understanding this could be my life but every negative it become a higher and higher chance of a daily physically painful future. I was exhausted, exhausted and I wasn't even the one fighting. I am reminded daily that God fights for me and that he is my strength. I have nothing to give Him, He is the one who supplies all my needs. 

Then came one of my favorite days on earth, the day before my birthday March 28th my doctor called and my test results were in. I want to tell you I prayed for two weeks that my hope would not be in this test and as we were on the phone what went through my mind was no matter what God is still God, He has not left his throne. No matter if my world feels like its crashed He is the one that holds me up.

 The news came and it was positive! POSITIVE!!! For the first time in my life I have a diagnosis to this pain that has been causing havoc for almost six years! 

I have lymes disease! Props to the fifteen or so people who guessed I had it and thanks to mom and dad for fighting doctors to test me for it. Lymes disease is an inflammatory disease that if not caught right away can cause your body a lot of problems; organs, joints, brain function and more. The longer you have it the harder it is to treat and the longer you have to be on medicine. I am not quite sure on treatment procedure I will be doing but will keep you all informed as I know.  

I have continued to learn about how the Lord daily gives us the things we need for that day and I truly believe that I needed a positive test. It was good for me to have a diagnosis that day, if the test had been negative I would be back at zero. Not too many people rejoice when they find out they have a disease but let me tell you that was and still is a time of rejoicing for me. 

Through these six years I have had a lot of bad days, physically speaking, but I truly would not change one of those days. I was tested for lymes five years ago and it came back negative and I praise God for that, you see if I wouldn't have been sick I would not be saved today. Only when my world was taken away did I realize that Jesus was my world. That makes it all worth it. One day I will have a perfect body, that day is not today but I am thankful for the opportunity to begin treatment and begin taking steps so I will no longer have to serve my body instead of my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment