Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hallelujah!

The last two days have been really hard on me I had to stop taking my medicine because my body was reacting badly to it and will begin it again tomorrow at a half dose. Yesterday was a really hard day pain wise, I have been having random chest pain that has been going on for about a month however two days ago it became constant and last night it became more than I could bear. I called first nurse and she said I needed to go in.

So my faithful roommate took me in to ER yet again, it has been a couple months since my last visit so we were doing pretty well! They did blood tests, x-rays, and an EKG and everything came back normal. I still hold my record of never being admitted to the hospital...which I am pretty proud of :)

Hallelujah means praise ye the Lord, a shout of joy praise or gratitude. 

All I can say right now is hallelujah, my hope and strength is in Jesus Christ and because of that I can survive. It is so hard not knowing what wrong with me and being told that everything is normal about my body because I know its not. I have been comforted by these verses.

2 Corinthians 4:7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God not from ourselves. 

Psalm 91:11-12  For He will give His angels charge over you to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands that you do not strike your foot against a stone. 

I am so weak I have no strength to fight. God puts air in my lungs and He keeps my heart beating, He gets me out of bed in the morning and He fights for me. He is my strength. I am nothing and have nothing without Him. He has given me a hope that no doctor or test result can take away, I have the hope of heaven. One day I will die, I will leave this earth and on that day I will feel no pain because I will have a perfect body. Oh how I long for that day! I can live the rest of my life in pain because I know the hope and peace that Jesus Christ brings.


Oh what peace the spirit of Jesus Brings
Through the trials He will carry me, 
One day in Heaven our eyes will meet
Filled with wonder, all the saints will sing

Hallelujah what a savior!
I owe everything to Him
Hallelujah what a savior
Hallelujah to my king! 

(This is a stanza of the song if you would like to hear more click on the link) 

However long I am in pain I know that God will give me just enough strength to endure it, not too much and certainly not too less. He is a God who willingly and gladly meets our needs.

Prayer Requests: 
*That my hope will not be in the lymes disease test
*That I will cling to the Lord in all circumstances 
*That I can keep up and sit through my classes
*That my body will accept the medicine

Let us keep pressing together. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you <3 :)
    I praise the Lord that he continues to change you and grow you through very challenging trials and circumstances. Your faith continues to be an example to my life. Thank You, Jenna Christine. Keep fighting, Keep pressing, Keep seeking.

    p.s. LOVE that song! :)

    ReplyDelete