Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Three States One Day

I have arrived safely in Florida! It has been a pretty funny day I headed out a 5AM and took a detour west to see the Colorado Mountains. Although I was only there for two hours it proved to be good homework time :) I had a large project due tonight and as of about half an hour ago it is finally complete! 

The plane rides went well, the seats were so much smaller than I remembered, the last trip I took was overseas and I guess you get bigger seats when you travel out of the country. Anyway the trip was easier than in high school, when I came for treatment last time I thought I wouldn't make it to Florida, this time was easier but when I arrived in Tampa and met up with my uncle and cousin I started having abdominal pain again. Not exactly sure what its from but will be watching it so it doesn't get worse.

Mom and I were welcomed to a seafood dinner :) For those of you that know me I am not a fan of sea food however my whole family LOVES it! No joke, however in my defense I always try the food I just don't like it. Well I think my taste buds are changing again because I actually enjoyed most of the food I ate not only the crab legs...I actually ate two pieces of shrimp! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am reading the book The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis and I really loved a point he made in it today. "The Church is the Lord's bride whom He so loves that in her no spot or wrinkle is endurable (Eph. 5:27) Love, in its own nature, demands the perfecting of the beloved."

What a beautiful picture, the Lord desires perfection in our life it is why we go through emotional and physical trials. But this is my favorite part,  "Of all the powers he forgives most, but he condones least; he is pleased with little, but demands all" C.S. Lewis.  God sees everything about our life, every good thing and every nasty sin in our lives. He is the one I offend but He is the one who always forgives, God is pleased with us when we come to him, but He asked for our all He desires perfection for our life. 

I believe this life is a process of working to give God our all, I know I grow daily closer to the Lord through reading my bible and prayer. The Lord will never grow old to us and we will never grow old to Him we will always be His beautiful bride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment