Friday, March 4, 2011

Broken Bones

Have you ever realized that God does not need us? I realized last night that God does not need me, with or without me He remains the same. It is I who need Him. The last week or so has been pretty rough, I didn't understand why I was having pain and the pain was getting to be more than I could bear. Now I realize that that is the point of pain. 

"If you are Gods child and you humbly recognize and admit that the battle with sin still rages in your heart, then tell yourself that those difficulties are the sure sign of his rescuing and redemptive grace. God hasn't forgotten you. He hasn't turned His back on you. He isn't punishing you in anger. He surely isn't withholding the grace that He has promised from you. No you're receiving grace, but its grace thats willing to break bones in order to capture and transform your heart." 
~Paul Tripp 

Psalm 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness, let the bones which you have broken rejoice. 

We go through circumstances in our life that are difficult but we are called to rejoice in them, to delight in weaknesses. Why? Because they are a sign of our salvation. It is a sign of a God who is active in our life and desires what is good for our life to the point that He will cause pain to perfect us. He does not need me, I need Him. 

My family here in Florida is big into American Idol and they have me hooked this season...one of the guys sang this song last night. Check it out it is all about our need for the Lord. 
I need you now by Smokie Norful 

Our God is one of a kind, you will never find anyone like Him so never let Him go but remember if you do, His arms are always open and in that we can rejoice!

1 comment:

  1. we are SOOOO weird. I just posted this on your FB wall. your one step ahead of me...oh goodness!

    ReplyDelete