Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Louis & ... snow?

My mom and I woke up to a white surprise of snow this morning in St. Louis! The weather was forecasted to be in the 50's however it's a blizzard all day. I didn't even bring a coat! woops! We are in St. Louis for my Dr. Yu appointment which was this morning, the appointment went well there are a couple things Dr. Yu found wrong. 

I have an infection in my jaw from when I had my wisdom teeth removed, my sister had this problem as well and is doing much better after her surgery. I still have parasites, I was treated for parasites almost two years ago now but they either came back or never fully left. I have been put on a really intense set of pills to get rid of them, I will be on these for three months so prayerfully it takes care of the problem. 

We will be headed back to St. Louis April 18th for a follow-up with Dr. Yu along with surgery for my jaw. Also there are some tests that are in the works right now and one is for Lymes Disease, soon we should know if that is an issue that needs to be addressed. 

Mom and I decided to stick it out down south and not to mess with the roads, they are not too good at plowing down here so we are having girls night in with pizza and popcorn! We will be headed back to Iowa first thing in the morning. 

Prayer Requests:
*Grace in how my body accepts the medicine, that it would go smoothly
*That this medicine would take care of the parasites
*Safety traveling home tomorrow
*A successful surgery in April
*For the lymes disease test results

Lastly, the church I attend, Walnut Creek Community Church/The Downtown Church has a team of 55 people in the Dominican Republic on a mission trip right now, please pray for their health that they would remain healthy and to be lead to soft hearts ready to hear the gospel. If you would like to keep updated on their experiences click on this link... Mission Updates. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment