Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bad Days Better

Have you ever heard the saying it has to get worse before it gets better?  Well, this happens to be one of those times in my life. As you know they found that I have parasites and my doc decided not to mess around this time, he has put me on very intense medicine to get rid of them. 

Usually when you are on medicine it is hard on your body and this is no exception. My doctor said that during this process of getting the parasites out the symptoms I have experienced throughout this spout of pain will come back, and more than likely worse.  I found out my doctor was not joking, as soon as I took my first set of medicine my abdominal pain was back. I was also very hot and nauseous, I was thankful that mom and I decided to stay another night in St. Louis and we weren't on the road at the time. 

There are six different pills I am taking three of them I take for three weeks then I am off a month. (These are the ones that are really hard on me) The other three I take for three months I only took them once before my doctor took me off of them to get the other three in my system first, so we will see how I react to those later in the week. 

Prayer Requests:
*That my body would accept the medicine
*That the effects of the medicine would be tolerable
*That I would trust the Lord through the process and rely on His strength not my own


Psalm 46:1-2a God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear...

Exodus 14:13-14 'Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today; ... The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.'

These are two verses that I have clung to the last couple months, I serve a God who not only fights for me but who is my strength and my refuge. I can do nothing without my God and I have confidence He will see me through this phase of life just has He has seen me through every other. 

Thank you for your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment