Saturday, April 23, 2011

Treatment Week One

As you all know my parents have been researching a lot of different treatments for lymes disease and the one that looks pretty good is laser light therapy, it goes hand in hand with the water and detox machines. I started this treatment exactly one week ago the claim behind this treatment is that it will kill the lyme bacteria without the herx reactions and much faster than the antibiotics. 

I have personally met two women who have lymes and done this treatment and they have both had success though this treatment and are living pretty normal lives now. We have decided to wait to start antibiotics until after this treatment is complete, they say with the treatment we will not need the antibiotics, so we are committing thirty days to this treatment which is what they say I will need and will decide once those thirty days are over what needs to happen next. 

 By the grace of God I could handle unexplained pain and I can handle having lymes disease however I never would have guessed how hard treatment would be. I am so thankful that we serve a God who does not give us more than we can handle because I could not handle radiation or a treatment of the like. I have a baby treatment compared to radiation and it takes so much out of me. On laser days the session takes almost two hours and I have to detox after for half and hour all of which drains my energy. I never realized how much time it would take. This is a verse that has brought me a lot of comfort through the treatment sessions. 

Psalm 121: 1-3 I will lift my eyes up to the mountains from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made the Heavens and the earth, He will not allow your foot to slip He who keeps you will not slumber. 

God is so involved in our lives it is such a beautiful thing to see, in December I had gallbladder surgery and the night before surgery I was on zero, I had no energy to get better to fight and that is when I really realized how the Lord is my strength and how He fights for us. My strength has not changed since December I am still on zero, but one month after I thought I was on zero I began having health problems again. I believe this is a great example of how the Lord knows us personally and how He will never give us something to carry that is too heavy for us even when we think it is beyond our capacity. 

To a point I am thankful that this treatment is hard because I am learning to rely on the Lord more, if it was easy my flesh would think I could do it alone but in reality I can do nothing apart from God. 

Prayer Requests: 
*That I will continue to be comforted and strengthened by the Lord
*That I will wait for the Lord to lead
*For wisdom in treatments, if this is enough
*That the Lord will use this to change my life and the life of those around me

No comments:

Post a Comment