Monday, April 25, 2011

My First Herx

I am officially in the business of fighting lymes disease! Despite what I last wrote, with laser treatment you do herx its just not as common as on the antibiotics. 

Saturday night about halfway through church I began having excruciating pain in my head, I was really dizzy and it hurt to open my eyes, I was also nauseous. I didn't know what was going on or what to do about it and I knew I wouldn't be able to walk out of church and I didn't want to cause a disruption so I sat. After church Katelyn took me home and got me settled laying down, I had those symptoms for about twenty hours, it was once the symptoms began declining that we realized it was a herx. Next time I will be more prepared and take the medicine they gave me to shorten the timing of the herx. 

There was one thing I really enjoyed about this experience and it was a reminder that the Lord is bigger than any circumstance. I have a little journal that I carry with me all the time and in it I write comfort verses so that when I am in pain all I need to do is read through the verses in my journal. I have used it many times and have been comforted every time but it was beautiful to see an extreme version to see that no matter what circumstance we are going through the Lord is bigger than it and He will comfort us if we go to Him to be comforted. This is one of the verses in my journal, 

For we do not have a High Priest who can not sympathize with our weakness, but one who as been tempted in all things as we are yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~Hebrews 4:15-16 

If we choose to run to the Lord, He comfort us and will see us through all things. 


Prayer Requests:
*That I will find my comfort in the Lord
*Wisdom in recognizing a herx
*The Lord will continue to use this for good in my life and the lives of people around me

1 comment:

  1. Jenna... that is one of my favorite verses! I have been following your blog and praying for you these last few months. I pray that the Lord would continue to be your comfort through these times and His gospel would be spread through you! -Amy Stellmaker

    ReplyDelete