Sunday, May 22, 2011

Defense

Unlike my last blog said I did not start antibiotics on monday, the decision of what treatment to do has been really good for me. I really love change when it comes to moving or new classes and things like that but when it comes to medical decisions I have found I really hate change. The decision to be made is when to start antibiotics. I have been claiming this verse: 

In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be ashamed; in Your righteousness deliver me. Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress; for Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me.  ~Psalms 31:1-3 

This decision I gave to the Lord weeks ago and it has be such a joy to see our 'plans' continue to change and to see the difference in my reaction, from a month ago to today, as they continue to change. Last week I was told by my parents and nurse that this is my decision to make and they will support me whatever it is. From my previous month of praying about it I have decided that I am going to start antibiotics on monday May 30th. I chose this date because this way I can have two weeks of laser treatment to help build up the health of my organs to handle the antibiotics. I will continue to do laser treatments, purely for organ health when on antibiotics but it will be once a week or less. 

These are some of the big reasons why I have chosen antibiotics. For starters this is what I have felt I needed from the get go, I have always felt I needed the antibiotics. Another reason is we realized that what I thought was a herx really was not, it was from the stress of the laser on my head, when my nurse and I made this connection we moved the laser from my head and did my organs instead and I have not had my annual saturday head pain. This also means that the laser is not killing off the disease. Lastly, we talked to Dr. P about his success rate, one huge problem with lyme patients is getting on antibiotics and never getting off, however he has a very good success rate. Everyone who has followed his protocol completely is off antibiotics, he knows his stuff and has lived it himself. 

There are more things as well but these are the main reasons why I decided to start antibiotics next week, my plans can change, I am only shown by the Lord what is good for today but this is a decision that looks like it will stand. 

He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me.  ~Psalm 55:18 

I love this verse because all of us are fighting something, I currently fight lymes disease and decisions and I know that the Lord is by my side through all of this and will see me through it all. 

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with song I shall thank Him. The Lord is their strength, and He is a saving defense to His anointed. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.  ~Psalm 28:7-9 

 I love soccer but there was one position I really hated and that was goalie. Every time I got stuck as goalie I always wanted the best defense no question about it, good defense means the goalie is protected. God is our defense, He is the best defense but there are some things that He lets slide. There are some things that are good for us to tackle, things that grow us closer to the Lord. When God lets something pass Him, He asks us protect our goal, to fight, but He doesn't just stand by and watch. He is there telling us what step to take, encouraging us and fighting beside us. We may not understand the things we are asked to fight but we will have victory through God alone. 


Prayer Requests:
*That I may remain a students during antibiotics
*Continued wisdom in treatment decision
*This will continue being used for good
*Praise-My dizziness has gone down, I believe the lyme is moving from my head to my joints again. I still have eyesight, hearing, and memory problems but its a good start removing the dizziness. Physical pain is easier to push through. Please pray that the lyme will continue moving to my joints.

3 comments:

  1. jenna, your faith is beautiful to me. I'll be here for you, no matter how long it takes to rid your body of lyme. I love you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good organized plan! I am happy you are moving forward and getting closer to being healthy again.

    The antibiotics saved my life. the Lymes was bad but the Bartonella coinfection gave me a heart infection and if it wasn't for the antibiotics, I would have been in big trouble. I am sure you will do fine. You have a great support group. Let me know if I can be of any help as well.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,
    Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it, thank you for sharing your story and taking time to inform my family on your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete