Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good News!

Today I herxed for the first time! I started feeling worse around noon and progressively got worse until three when I decided I was herxing, I took the medicine Dr. P gave me and went to bed. Yes, the herx was painful but I was so surprised at how much better I felt when I woke up an hour and a half later! That medicine does what it claims and for that I am so thankful! 

Herxing, although its not fun, its needed. Its the process of the lyme dying, to me it also shows that we have begun the battle. If patients don't herx on their oral medicine they have to do IV medication, so another huge praise the Lord that the battle is beginning to rage orally. 

Today I realized that I was believing lies. I felt disgusted, not physically ill but like my lyme is disgusting to others. The last week I have always wanted to be alone when I detox, go to treatment, when i'm sick or need more sleep I didn't want people to see me at my worst. I believe I was afraid if people knew all about my lyme and how it effects me they would run. I was reminded of characteristics of God in the book 3:16 by Max Lucado, 

Since He has no needs, you can not tire Him. 
Since He is without age, you can not lose Him. 
Since He has no sin, you can not corrupt Him.

We serve a God who is faithful to death, we have so many needs and He has none. He will always be there for us, always supporting us, comforting us, breathing strength into us when we feel we cant go on. He is a God that no matter the circumstance He will remain the same. I never need to fear of the Lord running in disgust. I have also learned to trust my friends more, my friends love the Lord and prove so daily in all the sacrifices they make for me and a variety of other areas. I am learning to trust them, to not feel disgusted of myself with them but to rely on the Lord. 

He is the foundation I need to stand strong, He isn't going anywhere and because of that neither am I. I don't live my life perfectly, I sin, I need a savior and God has given us one. 


Prayer Requests:
*That I would have a healthy trust in my brothers and sisters
*Grace in my new class, that I can keep up
*Wisdom in recognizing a herx
*That the Lord will continue to use this for good

Praises:
*My first herx!
*I passed the PRAXIS! (Two sections anyway, I will find out about the third next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment