Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rivers in the Desert

Yesterday my liver would not let up, it was the worst it had ever been for the longest it had ever been. Between my hurting liver and difficulty breathing it was a rough day. I also herxed again yesterday afternoon which is good to see the medicine continue to do its job. 

Due to all the different symptoms we called my doctor about difficulty breathing and my hurting liver. My liver is struggling due to the medicine I am on, my liver has never been the healthiest one out there, its been through a lot with all the medicine over the past few years and now it is more noticeable that it lacks. They started me on a supplement yesterday called thistle to help my liver function so prayerfully my liver will have more success. It also turns out that the difficulty breathing is due to one of my co-infections babesia, so they put me on an inhaler to help my lungs and airways relax. 

I just started these extra things last night so haven't seen a huge difference yet but I believe the inhaler is helping me breathe a little easier, which is a huge blessing! 

This verse has brought me comfort the last few months but especially the last two days.


"Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert."  ~Isaiah 43:18-19 

So many times I expect life to go the same way it has gone, I forget about change. This is a change in my life, and in areas it has me so dry. It is hard for me to stay encouraged on days that are more painful than others, it is hard for me to see good sometimes when I cant get out of bed. But it is beautiful to see the promises of the Lord, He has new in store for all of our lives. So new its like 'roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.' 

My huge prayer for lyme disease is that it will be used for good. That the Lord will use my lyme to affect other peoples lives along with my own. More specifically I have been praying that I would have the opportunity to have an influence on others who struggle with lyme disease. Let me tell you, the Lord is doing something new something I would have never imagined, something I still don't see the whole picture off but its worth the wait. 

My parents are wonderful, they have been along side of me every step of the way, through every bout of pain and now through treatment. The Lord is using my mom in a huge way, its been going on since I have was diagnosed in March but is continually growing. My mom is getting phone calls from all over the United States asking questions about lyme disease and what we are doing for treatment. 

What surprises us though is the amount of people in central Iowa who are newly diagnosed lyme patients. When I started laser treatments my nurse told me that we (lyme patients) were coming out of the floor boards, I laughed at the time but now I see how true that is! I know of six new cases the last few weeks from Iowa...crazy, some doctors still don't think Iowa has lyme. Guess we proved them wrong :) 

I don't know what the Lord has in store for the lyme patients in Iowa but we are hoping to have a gathering, an opportunity to get to know one another and support one another. I have considered going to a lyme disease support group but was encouraged not to because the time was mostly spent complaining. I would love to get a group together where we can support one another and a time where the truth of Christ may be shared. Please be praying for an opportunity to do so, feel free to let me know if you have any ideas. 

Prayer Requests: 
*Dr P will be able to keep his practice in Iowa; strength and grace in doing so, that Dr P will turn to the Lord during this time
*An opportunity to meet/talk to some of the Iowans with lyme disease
*That my body can grow to handle the medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment