Thursday, July 14, 2011

Never Ending Joy

My time at home has gone by very quickly, it matches the speed of everyday life. Sometimes I look at life and wonder where it went, and sometimes I look ahead and wish it would go faster. One of the blessings the Lord has given me through lyme disease is the understanding of my need to focus on today. What a joy it has been living life in today, not focused on tomorrow or next month but simply enjoying where the Lord has placed me. When I focus on today I see all of the blessings, when I look ahead I simply see the pain. 

I love the path of lyme disease, not because I like pain or being weak, I rather despise it. I am a country girl at heart after all, no matter how city slicker I look. But lyme has taken over my life, it tells me when to eat, when to detox, how many doctor appointments, what I can and can not do, but it can not tell me my joy. Six years ago is when my lyme symptoms began, lyme took my life away. I had to quit everything even friendships because you could not physically see my pain. 

I was physically wounded so that I may be spiritually healed. My life, everything I knew was taken away and because of that I realized that Jesus Christ is my life. 

It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes.  ~Psalm 119:71

Walking the path of lyme disease has made me who I am today. I may look weak to people and be a slave to lyme disease but that is temporary. I have never in my life been stronger than I am now. I can barely walk a block but the Lord has given me so much strength and taught me so many lessons through this I couldn't ask for more. 

Everyone is slave to something; lyme disease, school, friends, work, money. What do you spend your life striving for? What do you plan your life around? Most of my life has been my health. How can we serve something that will last? The answer is so simple but so profound. 

Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in unchanging love. ~ Micah 7:18

Gods unchanging love brought Him to the cross where His son died so that we may have the opportunity to turn from the things that bind us as slaves. Christ makes us free. Look at your life, tell me what are you living for? Is it worth it? One day this world is going to end, every single person is going to die and what happens then? There is two options.

Choosing Christ will change your life, but let me tell you it is the best choice you could ever make. Not  only will you be given eternal life but you will be given joy. A joy that can last through any challenge because you know that it is God who gives us joy and because of the great gift He has given us we can rejoice in all things. That is why I am so thankful that I have lymes disease, that is why I can rejoice even in my hardest days. God never changes and He desires you. 

Prayer Requests:
*That whoever reads this will genuinely think about it
*That we as believers will take action in sharing our faith in a loving way
*That we will rejoice in all things
*That my body will be able to handle the medicine
*That Dr P. will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and turn to the Lord in the process

1 comment:

  1. You're so encouraging Jenna! Keep trusting in the Lord. Your life is inspiring to so many and the Lord is using these trials greatly. Thank you for sharing your heart. It is apparent that you adore the Lord and that you have complete trust in Him. Thank you for sharing truth!

    ReplyDelete