Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shade From The Sun

I finished the ten day medicine for the month of July on Saturday and I already notice improvements in my breathing. It is easier for me to breathe outside now, I don't need my inhaler every time I step outside which was my huge prayer for this medicine. On friday my family is headed to Lake of the Ozarks for the week where we spend almost all day everyday outside. It would be nice to join in on the activities, I believe the first dose of medicine will help me do more next week. 


Toward the end of my medicine a group of friends, my family and I headed to my Uncle Tim's pond in southern Iowa. What a blast we had!  Here are some pictures from the weekend. 


The whole group: 
Last Row-Jessica, Tera, Me, Stephanie, Laurie, Katelyn, Aaron
Second Row- Jake Nathan, Stephen 
Front Row- Jeff, Alex


Nathan, Alex, and Stephan canoeing 


Laurie, Tera, and Jess on the boat getting ready to anchor down and swim


Stephanie and Katelyn on the boat


Aaron with the best catch of the weekend


You can't forget the dogs Flicka and Oreo resting up on the boat


The whole group.

I am so blessed with the family and friends that the Lord has blessed me with. I am so thankful for them. This summer they have all been wonderful at making me feel 'normal.' There is a lot I can not do but they are so good at including me in everything, even if it is simply setting up a seat for me to watch on the sidelines. They are wonderful at keeping me involved in whatever ways I can. 

For You have been a  defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat. ~Isaiah 25:4  

God knew before He created the world that one day sin would be prevalent and He knew exactly what He would do about it. He sent His son to die for us, He choose to die for people who didn't deserve it, people who were full of sin. He died for us because we were needy, we were helpless, we needed a refuge and that is what Christ died to give us. 

One of the medicines that I am on makes me burn very easily so I have to stay in the shade more often than not. At the pond we would all get on the boat and go anchor in the middle and jump in. After awhile I would begin to feel that I needed shade so I would get in the boat under the cover. How refreshing the shade was to me! I was thinking about how that cover is like Christ, half of the boat is in the shade of the cover and the other half is in the sun. Only when someone decides to let the tarp carry the burden of the sun for them do they move over to the shade. 

Just like that tarp is used to block the sun, so Christ died to carry our burdens.  He wants to take the pressure of the sun and desires that we rest in the shade that He created for us. Just like that boat in the middle of the pond. 

Prayer Requests: 
*That I will willingly move into the shade of Christ in all things
*That my body will be able to hand the medicine
*That Dr P. will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and find the Lord in the process
*That I will continue to see improvements

No comments:

Post a Comment