Sunday, July 24, 2011

Safe and Sound

 So everyone is here safe and sound; Tim, Kevin, Doug, Kelli, Tera, Aaron, Kyle, and myself.  Our first day here I was not feeling the best, I think it was a mix of a busy week getting ready and the car ride, anyway I slept most of the day yesterday. It is hot down here and the humidity is pretty high but I have found that on the boats its pretty easy to breathe because the wind keeps the humidity down. Today was my first time out on the boat this year Aaron, Kyle, and Tera went tubing! 

Mom and Dad holding Mable down

Aaron and Kyles first ride of the season which resulted in two bad wipeouts...they are crazy on the tube!

Tera and Kyle tubing 

Aaron is about an inch taller than Kyle

These gents are getting so tall! 

So far our vacation is going great, enjoying family time, great food, boating, sleep, and rest! I have had quite a bit of time to do some homework which is wonderful because my class is done on friday, I only have one paper left to write! Tonight we are headed out to dinner by boat to a new restaurant, so we are excited! 

I was reading today in Isaiah and found a beautiful promise. 

"Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, but He will save you." Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame will leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute will shout for joy." ~Isaiah 35:4-6

What a promise this is, one day the Lord will be returning and on that day He is going to judge this world but for those that see their need for a Savior, for those that humble themselves, they will be saved. The day the Lord returns, for those who trust in Him, our world will be turned right our pain taken away and we will shout for joy. There will be a day when we will see the Lords faithfulness before our eyes, the day He will come to take us home. How excited I am for that day! 

Prayer Requests: 
*That my body will be able to handle the medicine
*That I will remember my limitations this week and not push myself too far
*That Dr. P will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and turn to the Lord during this time


1 comment:

  1. oh my word! what tall boys! Even though I just saw aaron last weekend, he had gotten SOO much taller than I had last seen him! not young kids anymore ;) have fun this week my dear! I love you! Tell everyone hello!

    ReplyDelete