Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beauty & Peace

The Lord is continuing to bring healing into my life, I can officially drive all by myself now! I no longer need a co-pilot! Another huge blessing is mornings are beginning to be easier for me, I will need more sleep than usual the next couple years but I have heard the first three months you need the most sleep and those months are almost over, just in time for school! 

A group of twenty-four friends and I headed to Colorado to visit our dear friend Mariah Mack who is working out there for the summer. We had a wonderful time, we all stayed in a vacation home (with a great hot tub and a gorgeous view!) Just looking at our time there I felt so blessed, there are not many people who have twenty-four friends to start with, let alone everyone gets along. The trip was so successful on many levels, it really developed our friendships and grew us closer together, I am blessed to have the friends the Lord has given me and I pray we have long relationships. 

Group picture of everyone


These three lovely ladies went for a walk and picked beautiful flowers for me, they also kept me company while the rest of the group climbed a mountain, I was thankful for the company! 
(Stephanie, Chasity, Ashley, and I)

The last day the gang went hiking to a waterfall, I went to rest at the lake and enjoyed the gorgeous view! Stephanie stayed with me and we enjoyed playing in the water :) 


What a beautiful world this Lord created, too bad we corrupted it! 
Can't wait for the beauty of Heaven! 

I loved going to Colorado being surrounded by men and women who love the Lord. While we were in Colorado Ashley accepted Christ! What wonderful news! Colorado was a time when it was really clear that we are different, that our friendships are not fake, that we really love each other. And we can love one another because of the example of love that God gave us. 

Upon returning home Chasity, my new roommate who accepted Christ in May shared the gospel with her sister Natasha and Natasha prayed with me to receive Christ into her life. I am so thankful for Chasity's faithfulness with the gospel and her heart for her sister and I can't wait for more time with Natasha and Chasity! 

This world may be corrupted but if we look and if we work we can see so many blessings and so many good things that the Lord is doing. May we never stop working and looking. 

"They have healed the brokenness of My people superficially. Saying, 'peace, peace,' but there is no peace." ~Jeremiah 6:14  

When I first read this verse I thought of the medical community, there are men and women who are dedicated to help people physically. The problem is we need more than that, if people are ill and put their hope in the medical community I can guarantee that you will be let down. I have lived it and seen it way to often. You may have peace for a season but trouble will come again for you. The Lord offers us a peace that is never ending. I do not mean He makes our life easy, and only gives us blessings. 

The Lord has given me peace but I also have Lyme Disease, it is not easy to live through, I actually didn't think I would live through it. However the Lords grace is sufficient. He has given me peace in a state of chaos and He wants to give everyone that peace but people must choose the peace that only the Lord can bring. 

Do you have this peace? Have you ever thought about a peace that never ends? The Lord is a free gift, no strings attached. He died so that you may live, so that you may have peace. Have you accepted His gift? 

Prayer Requests: 
*That Dr P. will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and find the Lord in the process
*That the Lord will provide financially for me to be able to remain a student this year
*That Ashley and Natasha will continue to grow in the Lord 
*That you will consider the gift of God



1 comment:

  1. I need to be more of a blog stalker :) I love your blogs, Jenna! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete