Thursday, August 25, 2011

Being Still

A lot of time has passed since my last post and along with that a lot of healing has occurred. Everyday I am feeling stronger, walking faster, walking longer and have more energy. It has been such a joy to see the Lord bring healing into my life. Last week at laser treatment my nurse said when I started coming in April I was their worst patient and she didn't think I would get better, now I have moved up to their best patient. I am also their most improved! 

I am continuing to do laser treatment once a week to help with the health of my organs which I believe has made my healing process much easier on my body. I am also doing oral medicine and will be for a long time. Lastly, I am continuing to do water therapy to maintain my balance and movement, I have not been very faithful with this the last few weeks because it tires me out and I have been super busy with life and now classes I didn't want to push myself too hard.

I never realized how quickly I adapted to my illness, it was 'easy' for me to get used to staying home. I never felt up to doing anything so I spent most of my time the last eight months at my house. Because I was home so often I had a lot of free time and I spent my time reading my bible, praying, reading books, and spending time with girls. The transition was great, I was constantly encouraged from all my readings, I love to read and I had a long time with nothing to do but read. I was constantly 'walking' in the spirit (although sitting in the spirit is more like it) I was always encouraged and meditating on a verse. 

Only when I began moving again did I realize how hard it is to be still before God. When I was sick I was literally still before God, honestly I rarely moved! My roommates were usually busy with work or school so I had a lot of alone time. My biggest challenge getting back to normal life has been walking in the Spirit. After eight months I had forgotten how to be still before the Lord while on the go. It took me a couple of days to realize this, I was having a pretty rough couple of days when I realized I wasn't meditating on truth. 

Since my rough days I have been focusing more on God, I was used to reading multiple times throughout the day and had to go back to one time with my new schedule. I had to learn to walk in truth, just because I am moving doesn't mean I can leave the Lord at home. I actually never thought I would have to learn this lesson again but I guess after so long out of the day to day busyness you lose touch. 

My UNI classes started up on tuesday, I am taking ten credits and am very excited, I have wonderful teachers! My classes will be hard work but they will be fun and useful to my life. My schedule this fall is a very busy one and so I am praying that the Lord will help me not push myself. I have night classes and if I do too much during the day I am sick at night so it is a very fine balance I am learning to walk. 

Earlier in the week I threw up, I'm not sure if it was medicine or food, but thus far I have not been sick again. Please be praying that my medicine will continue to go down smoothly. It is very common when you throw up once that you continue throwing up so please join me in praying against that. 

Lastly, on tuesday I have my three month visit to Dr. P! I can't believe it has almost been three months! The worst is almost over! I am a blessed woman, and I am excited to see the Lord continue to move and bring healing to my life. 

Prayer Requests: 
*That Dr. P will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and turn to the Lord during this time
*That people will step up and fight the political battle of lyme disease
*That I will be able to keep my medicine down
*That I will pace myself; when to go, when to rest
*That I will continue to grow in being still before the Lord while on the go

No comments:

Post a Comment