Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Something New

We are all safe and sound back in Iowa. We had such a wonderful trip to remember, as we get older it is getting better and better! And its always been wonderful! Here are some pictures from the end of our trip. 


Aaron getting some air on his wakeboard


Another shot of Aaron


A first for us at our Ozark vacation, double skiing. Aaron and Kyle were great at it! It was so funny to see them chatting up a storm while they were skiing...they gave me a lot to watch! 



A video of Aaron and Kyle double skiing, check it out!


Mom and Tera during one of our skiing breaks 


Kevin met us to watch the gents ski


Aaron doing a backflip


The kiddos at Docknockers our favorite resturant at the Ozarks


And the adults at Docknockers


Dad and Mom on a boat cruse after dinner at Docknockers


A beautiful sunset on the water

So our vacation is over and we are back to 'normal' life although I am not sure there is a normal, especially during the summer! Tomorrow I am headed to Colorado with about twenty friends to visit a friend out there so I am not in town long! My parents are also headed to Minnesota on Wednesday, and Aaron is off to football camp, and Tera started her new job! What a busy family! 

Earlier in the week I drove the boat a couple times and on our way home on Saturday I drove the van! It was my first time driving in six months! I am so excited to be able to drive again! I need a co-pilot to make sure I know what I'm doing and where I am going but it is so fun to be able to drive! It is weird to drive but I am doing pretty well, sometimes I forget specific turns still but my memory is much better than it used to be! Every day I am getting better, and my memory is no exception. This healing process takes time but it is so beautiful to see the Lord work healing in my life. 

"And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."  ~Isaiah 58:11

I just love this verse, if we choose to lay down our life for the Lord, He will guide us, He will satisfy us, He will give us strength. There has not been one day in the last eight months where I had enough strength to get up that day, and by myself I didn't, but by the grace of God and met needs I was always given the strength I needed that day to endure. No more, no less. 

God is personal, He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. There is not one need I have that the Lord has not met, and if you look at your life you will see the same if you have chosen to follow Christ. 

Prayer Requests: 
*Safety traveling to Colorado
*That my body will handle the car ride and trip well 
*That I will continue to rejoice in all things
*That Dr P. will be able to keep his practice in Iowa and turn to the Lord during this time


No comments:

Post a Comment