Monday, August 29, 2011

Counted Blessings

I was tired, I was worn out, I was exhausted and I couldn't get refreshed. I couldn't understand why I have to go over a mountain that I don't know, and believe me it's a very rocky one. I have been claiming verses like... 

Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. ~Isaiah 43:18-19

But nothing seemed to quench my thirst. My thought is if God can water the desert He is fully capable of watering my soul. But my thirst was never satisfied. I woke up today and spent time in the word, went to class and again was spiritually on empty. This has been the pattern of my life since saturday and I couldn't understand why. So today I decided to figure out why I was so dry. 

I began my quest one of my favorite ways, by giving thanks and I realized something. I had forgotten. I had forgotten the blessings of lyme disease. I had forgotten how the Lord saw me through everyday of eight months on the couch, how He comforted me every moment, how He gave me joy because of who He is, how He taught me life isn't about where I am but what He has done. I had forgotten the blessings He has given me. 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places of Christ. ~Ephesians 1:3 

I am a blessed child of God, we have things in our life that are mountains to us. We have no idea where we need to go, what path is the safest, or how to get there but Christ has the mountain memorized, He has walked the path and He leads us step by step. We serve a God who desires to give us every blessing in the heavenly realm, do you see blessings when they come? Do you remember the blessings the Lord gives you? Or do you forget? 

I forgot but I am praying I will never again forget how the Lord has blessed my life. An hour ago I was so dry and hungry spiritually I had no idea what to do, now the Lord has filled my hunger, He has filled my cup and I am satisfied. I was blessed by God by being reminded of the blessings God has given me. I know the Lord will see me through this new mountain just like He saw me through the mountain of lyme disease. God is faithful and He desires to bless our life.  

Have you counted your blessings today? 


Prayer Requests:
*That I will never again forget the blessings God has given me
*That Dr P will be able to keep his practice in Iowa
*That my check-up tomorrow will be successful
*That I will be still before the Lord even on the go

No comments:

Post a Comment